TOOL OF THE DAY: Best Interest Tips
CATEGORY: Family Law Book Excerpt
If you are going to face the court because your divorce did not settle, you will be faced with much more than just convincing the court that you are the better parent.
You will be faced with the idea that the court determines best interest of your child.
Many parents have left the court feeling shocked that they never committed any crime and never did anything wrong, and in fact may have even been the parent staying home with the child and some even homeschooling them. These parents leave shocked when the judge decides its in the best interest of their child to be with the other parent the majority of the time.
If you don't want this to happen to you, then you will want to know the following tips that we got out of our book "NOT in the Child's Best Interest" from Chapter 6 on page 73:
- The State must treat de minimisthe State's concern for the child's best interest over the Fundamental Liberty Interests of fit parents.
- The best interest of the child standard is overly broad, arbitrary and capricious.
- According to the American Bar Association, the best interest of the child standard requires Divorce Court Judges to predict the future.
- The Divorce Court can-NOT act in the child's best interest when it denies the child's constitutional rights.
- The State has a legitimate parens patriaeinterest where there are NO fit parents.
- Equal, shared parenting time is NOT harmful to the child.
- The Federal Government pays the States to treat parents unequally.
Join us in our next webinar to hear more about "What can I do when my child is being used against me" at http://gowoa.me/i/G5P and be entered in a drawing to win a free book.
When you attend these webinars you can learn more about how you can get better results by changing how you are approaching situations with the other parent.
You can learn more about how to reason through your rights and protect your rights in our booksand courses. Click at the top on Store and you will find the booksand trainingtabs. The book teaches you your rights and the training courses teach you how to argue them like I demonstrated above.]
Be sure to subscribe to our website and receive notices when the new Daily Tool is posted each day. Subscribe here: SUBSCRIBE
Come back to this blog every day this year and you will find another valuable tool posted to help you protect your family, your hard-earned money, and your ability to continue to pursue your life dreams with your child by your side.
Strategic Parental Rights Strategist, Instructor, Constitutional Scholar, and Author
Divorce Solutions and Child Custody Solutions
Co-author “Not in the Child’s Best Interest” (Book on parental rights and children’s rights)
Co-author “Protecting Parent-Child Bonds: 28th Amendment” (Book includes guide for legislators)